Board – Yasmen Simonian
Yasmen Simonian, PhD
Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions
Weber State University
As Dean of the Dumke College of Health Professions at Weber State University, it is my responsibility to stay current in health profession related issues, participate and learn as much as possible in the area of healthcare offerings, education, regulations, international connections and other important issues facing our profession. Membership in the Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions gives me the opportunity to do just that and more. As an ASAHP Board Member, I can be closer to those opportunities, learn more, contribute and share my previous experiences and expertise.
I have been a Dean for the past six years and continue to serve in that capacity. Previously, I was a department chair in Medical Laboratory Sciences for twelve years. As a Vice-President for NAACLS since 2013 and a member of their Executive Board from 2009, I have learned and dealt with issues of national accreditation. Currently, I am on the American Cancer Society Board for the State of Utah and also serve on a major hospital board in Utah. Please see my attached resume` for additional leadership activities and experience.
In conclusion, I would like the opportunity to serve on the ASAHP Board and I am confident I will do my best when given the chance.
Thank you for your consideration,
- ASAHP Representative, CAAHEP Board (2012 – Present)
- Member, ASAHP Interdisciplinary Task Force (2010 – Present)
- Participant and Presenter, COHD/NERDS Summer Meeting
- Presenter, ASAHP Leadership Development Program (multiple occasions)
- Attendee and Presenter, All ASAHP Annual Conferences and Meetings
(2008 – Present)
Other Relevant Experience:
- Commissioner, CAAHEP Board (2012 – Present)
- Executive Board Member, National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) (2009 -Present; VP 2013 – Present)
- Chair, ASCLS Committee on Educational Affairs
- Chair, National Scientific Assembly for ASCLS
- Board Member, American Cancer Society (2006 – Present)