Board – Teri Stumbo
Teri Stumbo, PhD
College of Health Sciences
Des Moines University
As a physical therapist and member of the ASAHP, I embrace the current ASAHP vision as stated: By 2015, ASAHP will be a leading interprofessional voice for better health and healthcare. If elected to the Board of Directors, I believe I can support and promote this vision as well as the ASAHP mission and strategic plan of 2013-2015.
Currently I serve as the chairperson on the Des Moines Collaborate for Interprofessional Education, a group of educational intuitions in Des Moines, IA dedicated to providing interprofessional education to health care students enrolled in 5 separate universities/colleges. This current leadership role provides me the opportunity to learn about best practices regarding interprofessional education from a variety of experts in the medical field. This information would be a valuable contribution as the ASAHP moves forward in implementing our IPE Strategic Objective. I would be honored to serve on the Board of Directors as the association strives to become a leader in interprofessionalism.
As a member of the Nominations and Elections Committee, I appreciate the need for us to work together as an associate and to build alliances and partnerships with both internal and external partners. Being elected to the Board of Directors would allow me to continue to facilitate these partnerships in an effort to achieve our current vision and mission.
- Member, Nominations and Elections Committee (2010- Present)
- Co-Chair, Programming Committee for Associate Dean’s Meeting (2010)
- Member, Bylaws Committee (2010-2012)
- Member, Associate Dean’s Meeting – Planning Committee
- Reviewer, Journal of Allied Health (2007- Present)
Other Relevant Experience:
- Chair, Des Moines Collaborative Interprofessional Committee (2013-2014)
- Chair, Des Moines University Interprofessional Education Committee (2010-2012)
- Member, Des Moines University Strategic Planning Committee (2011-2013)